Monday, February 22, 2010

Purity

I was asked to write my personal testimony about purity, by Abigail over at Pearls and Diamonds. So.. here it is..



Well, I like just about any other girl dreamed of marriage. From a young age, all I wanted was to get married and have babies! When I was about 10 or so, my parents read us this story about someone that prayed for their mate from the time they were young, and they encouraged us to do the same. So I started praying for the man that I was to marry.

As I got older, I started realizing the difficulties that come with growing up, such as everyone having “crushes” boyfriends, etc. I started praying even harder for that special man that was one day to be my husband. My parents encouraged us to guard our hearts, and wait for the right “one”, and my resolve to remain pure and whole for my future husband strengthened.

In interacting with other young men, I would try to treat them as brothers, I know this is harder then it sounds, but it is very important. I don't think that girls have to avoid talking to other men, but there needs to be a guard there, so that they know that you are not just cheap dating material.

Not to say that I didn't have my own temptations, but what I would do when I was struggling, was to write in a journal that I was keeping to my future husband. That helped me SO much, and I would pray for certain things and then write it in my journal to him. It was so special to be able to give that to my husband once we were married. Also, I would think about how special it would be to give that “gift” of purity to my husband, and to no others.

And it is so nice not to have regrets, oh I have thanked the Lord for this SO many times!

Girls, your purity is priceless, guard it carefully, pray for your future husband, and trust the Lord for His timing!

7 comments:

  1. I really like this post! It is so true!!

    Love ya,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! God's grace was so strong in your life to give you a desire for purity...and to be able to follow through with that desire!!

    Tedd & I were virgins when we were married, and that was a GIGANTIC blessing, a real gift to me from my husband, and to him from me, but we had both compromised our purity with our high school boyfriend/girlfriend, and that brought much pain and turmoil...God just doesn't intend for it to be like that. But thanks to God, He has reconciled us and given us renewed purity through Jesus Christ! It's not too late for those who have failed...God is merciful and He can create in us clean hearts and a passion for purity...and for those who are still persevering to remain pure - it's so worth it! May the Lord grant you strength and bless you with a testimony like Abigail's!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily! Yes, I agree that the Lord can restore what we have compromised, what grace and mercy he has! But for those that are young, and have those decisions ahead of them, I pray that they make the right decisions!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish i could say the same thing.......but so thankful for God saving me when he did

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww thanks for sharing this, Abigail! I'm keeping a journal with letters for my husband too for someday :) Still praying and trying to make the right desicions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abigail! Thanks for obliging me! We've now got the post up and waiting for links to other girls' testimonies, if you want to introduce yourself and link yours!

    http://pearlsanddiamondsblog.com/2010/03/17/its-your-turn/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So enjoyed reading this! :0) It was a joy to be at your wedding!!! Still can't wait to see you again sometime soon!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete